Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Individuals who are thinking of building a career in accounting sector should apply for the Senior Accounting Clerk vacancy at Department of Public Works. No tertiary qualification is compulsory. Therefore, if you think you have the skills and happen to hold only a Grade 12 certificate, you are still allowed to apply.
Should you be interested in applying for this position, please mention the reference number of this post within your application form, 2019/22. This position offers an attractive salary amounting to R 163 563 annually. The future successful applicant will be situated at the Cape Town Regional Office. In order to be eligible, applicants must be in possession of at least a Senior or Grade 12 certificate. Any of its equivalent qualification is also acceptable (with accounting as one of the passed subjects). Having a relevant experience in financial environment is mandatory.
The Senior Accounting Clerk vacancy at Department of Public Works requires all candidates to have the following skills and competencies:
- Appropriate skills and experience in MS Office software, with emphasis on Word and Excel
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Financial systems, such as SAGE, PMIS and BAS along with National Treasury Regulation, PFMA as well as Standard Chart of Accounts (this is not mandatory but will serve as a strong recommendation)
The future qualified candidate will be entitled to the following duties:
- Be responsible for handling petty cash office
- Be responsible for capturing SAGE and BAS payments
- Be responsible for distributing payroll certificate
- Be responsible for ensuring that the filling system is in order
- Be responsible for handling internal and external queries
How and When to Apply
Your application must be directed via post to: The Regional Manager, Department of Public Works, Private Bag X9027, Cape Town, 8000.
Alternatively, you are also allowed to hand deliver your application at: Customs House Building Lower Heerengracht Street Cape Town.
For attention: Ms N. Mtsulwana
Include the following documents within your application:
- Z83 application form
- Original certified copies of qualifications and ID document
- A CV
- A SAQA evaluation report in case you hold any foreign qualifications
Applications for Senior Accounting Clerk vacancy at Department of Public Works will be accepted until February 8, 2019.
The Department of Public Works is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. The intention of the filing of this post is to promote representativity in the Public Service. Persons whose appointment will promote representativity will be given preference.
Candidates with disabilities are welcome and encouraged to apply. Please do not submit your application via email or facsimile because it won’t be taken into consideration. If you have yet to hear from the employing department within a few months after the deadline has passed, please take it to mean your application as unsuccessful. If no suitable candidates from the unrepresented groups are recruited, then applicants from the represented groups will be considered.
In case you have any questions, please forward them to: Ms N. Ndiyane Tel No: (021) 402 2108