Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
The Department of Higher Education and Training is now calling for applications for the Occupational Programmes Officer vacancy at Mnambithi TVET College. This open position is available at the Business Unit of the employing institution. The nature of this post is permanent (council appointment). Don’t forget to include the reference number of this post within your application form, MTVET 06/2019.
The future qualified candidate will be entitled to a level five salary which is worth R 163 563 annually along with applicable service benefits. The hiring institution requires all candidates to be in possession of at least a Grade 12 certificate or its equivalent qualification. Furthermore, having a three or five year experience in the relevant field will also be an advantage.
As part of the job requirements for the Occupational Programmes Officer vacancy at Mnambithi TVET College, candidates must also possess the following skills and competencies:
- Sound understanding of QCTO and SETA accreditation documentation/requirements as well as accreditation processes
- Good organisational and administrative skills both verbal and written
- Proficiency in the English language
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and experience in the TVET sector
- Computer literacy
Once you are qualified for the position, you will be involved in but not limited to the following duties:
- Engaging with the QCTO or SETA quality assurance function
- Identifying and monitoring opportunities for placement
- Negotiating employment opportunities with employers
- Implementing and coordinating job readiness programs
- Conducting research on existing qualifications on the QCTO and National Qualification Framework regarding identified training programs and needs
- Responsible for networking with SAQA, QCTO, SETAs, industry and communities with regard to program approval as well as accreditation
- Attain program approval available for occupational programs
- Coordinating alignment in cooperation with Heads of Department as well as program managers
How and When to Apply
Applications for this post must be directed via post to: Mnambithi TVET College, HR Unit, Private Bag X9903, Ladysmith, 3370.
Candidates are also welcome to submit their applications by hand delivering it to: Central Office, 77 Murchison Street, Ladysmith, 3370
Applicants who wish to apply must include the following important documents within their application:
- Z83 application form which must be completed in full and page 2 duly signed. The form is attainable from all Government Departments
- A CV
- Original certified copies of ID, qualifications and driver’s license if any
- A SAQA evaluation report of foreign qualifications if any
Please forward your application no later than March 15, 2019 at 12:00 in order to be considered. The hiring institution is anticipating a large volume of response and therefore, correspondence for this post will be limited to applicants who are shortlisted only. If you have yet to be contacted in three months after the deadline has passed, you may assume your application as unsuccessful. The employing institution holds the right not to make any appointment if deemed necessary.
In case you need further details on the Occupational Programmes Officer vacancy at Mnambithi TVET College, feel free to forward your questions to: HR Unit at (036) 631 0360