Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
If you have skills in horticulture then apply for the Foreman vacancy at Department of Public Works today. This is actually a re-advertisement. Previous applicants who are still interested need to re-apply.
Candidates must quote the reference number of this advert on their application form, 2018/205. Successful candidate will receive salary amounting to R 136 800 annually. This job position is positioned in Johannesburg Regional Office of the Department of Public Works.
To be considered for the Foreman vacancy at Department of Public Works, applicants must be in possession of at least ABET qualification. It is also expected that candidates have relevant experience as well. It is mandatory to have a valid driver’s license for future incumbent will be required to be prepared to travel.
Knowledge and Competencies:
- Willing to adapt to work schedule in line with the office requirements
- Knowledge of Garden maintenance practices
- Knowledge of office administration operating horticultural equipment
- Knowledge of personnel practices
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety
- Effective communication skills
- Basic numeracy skills
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work with consultants, staff and professionals at various levels
- Observation abilities
- Planning and organisation skills
- Relationship management
- Project management
- Diplomacy and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Analytical thinking
- Decision making skills
Key performance areas:
- Monitor horticultural services rendered and coordinate horticultural services
- Ensure the inspection of physical environments and logistics
- Supervise horticulturist staff
- Collect monthly reports
- Manage and control materials and equipment effectively
- Supervise the availability and condition of horticultural equipment
- Identify resource requirements as well as special operational needs
- Ensure the servicing or maintenance of equipment
- Support the administration of the human resources
- Ensure the distribution and replenishment of horticultural materials
- Keep track of the material register
- Evaluate the performance of staff
- Submit and receive leave of staff
Direct your application for the Foreman vacancy at Department of Public Works via post to: The Regional Manager, Department of Public Works, Private Bag x3 Braamfontein, 2017
Candidates may also hand deliver their applications to: No 78 Cnr De Beer and Korte, Braamfontein, 2017. For Attention: Mr M Mudau
For Attention: Ms N Hlongwane
The hiring department will only accept applications that contain all of the following documents:
- Z83 application form, on which the reference number should be quoted
- A comprehensive CV
- Recently certified copies of ID, qualifications and driver’s license
- SAQA evaluation report of any foreign qualification should you have any
Forward them before November 23, 2018 at 16:00. Individuals with disabilities are welcome to submit their application. No late, incomplete, emailed and faxed submission will be taken into consideration. If you have not heard from the Department of Public Works within the next months, please take it to mean your application as unsuccessful.
All appointments will be subject to a security clearance as well as verification of qualifications.
The Department of Public Works promotes equal opportunity and aims to achieve representativity in the Public Service. Therefore, candidates whose appointment will promote equality will be given preference.
For more information, please refer to: Mr KC Muthivheli (JHB) Tel No: 011 713 6097