Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
If you have a passion for accounting or finance related work then apply for the Finance Clerk vacancy at Department of Defence. This position is available within the Financial Management division (Chief of Finance SANDF Budget Management Office SA Navy). Please mention the reference number of this advert within your application form should you be interested, CFO 10/1/7.
The successful incumbent will receive a level 5 salary that is worth R 163 563 per annum. This job will station the qualified candidate in Pretoria. The minimum educational requirement in order to be eligible is a Matric certificate with Accounting or Finance related subjects.
Below are the required skills and competencies you must possess in order to apply for this position:
- Sound reasoning, problem solving and mathematics skills
- Trustworthy, loyal and honest
- Ability to interpret and understand basic financial policy
- Basic knowledge of financial policy as well as PFMA
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to compile effective reports and statistics
- Receptive to work-related ideas and suggestions
- Persevering or decisive in respect of task finalisation
- Ability to function under pressure
- Basic knowledge of the budget process along with the basic financial function
- Knowledge of computer programs and systems, including spread sheets and word processing
Qualified incumbent will be required to complete all relevant courses. It would be an added advantage should you be in possession of post matric qualification in Finance along with a minimum of one year relevant experience. Having a valid vehicle driver’s license would serve as a strong recommendation.
Key performance areas:
Should you be qualified for the Finance Clerk vacancy at Department of Defence, you will be involved in but not limited to the following duties:
- Assist the Chief Accounting Clerk and Budge Manager in obtaining or collecting relative financial, budgetary information to execute the budget management function
- Assist in identifying potential cost saving alternatives to limit unnecessary expenditure
- Assist in arranging BCC meetings
- Assist in preparing various budgetary or financial statistics and reports
- Assist in preparing documents as well as software to be used during presentations by the Budget Manager
- Maintain an effective internal filling system
- Deliver or collect budget related documentation to and from other sections or directorates
- Assist management with regard to general administrative functions at the Budget Management Office SA Air Force
Applications for this vacancy must be forwarded by hand delivery no later than February 22, 2019 to: Department of Defence, Poynton building, 195 Bosman Street, Pretoria where it must be placed in wooden post box 5 at Reception.
Or, you may also direct it via post to: Financial Management Division, DFSS, Career Management Section, Private Bag X 137, Pretoria, 0001
Please attach the following materials within your application:
- Z83 application form
- A CV
- Certified copies of ID, qualifications and a valid driver’s license if any
Individuals who are not currently employed by the Public Service or DOD are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
If you fail to comply with the aforementioned requirements, it will result in your application being disregarded.
Should you need further information regarding the Finance Clerk vacancy at Department of Defence, please consult: Ms R.E. Mamaguvhi Tel No: (012) 339 4202 13