Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Applications are now invited for the Driver/Operator Vacancy at Department of Water and Sanitation. The vacant position is available within the Chief Operations Office Western Cape branch for the Data Management division. The successful incumbent will be stationed in George. If you have a valid driver’s license, you can apply for this job.
Please quote the reference number of this post within your application form, 080219/08. The qualified candidate will receive a level four salary that is worth R 136 800 annually. In order to be eligible for this position, candidates are required to have at least a Grade 10 certificate along with a valid driver’s license code EC with valid PDP or Operator License (you must attach the certified copy within your application). Furthermore, having at least one to three years of experience in driving is also necessary or experience in driving services.
Below are the knowledge and skills required for the Driver/Operator Vacancy at Department of Water and Sanitation:
- Knowledge in operating services
- Knowledge of organisational procedures, policies, process and government as well as organisational structures
- Sound knowledge in technical services
- Knowledge of government regulations, circulars, practice notes and policy framework
- Knowledge of financial management as well as PFMA
- Delegation authority
The future qualified incumbent will be involved in, but not limited to the following key performance areas:
- Conduct quality assurance of operator/driver systems
- Implement best practice of operator/driver systems
- Handle daily roadworthy inspections
- Make sure that vehicles are serviced on time
- Analyse logistics operations
- Transport equipment, personnel and materials
- Collect goods at departmental and supplier stores
- Maintain register regarding pickups and deliveries
- Function in line with applicable legislative requirements
- Maintain equipment
- Inspect visible defects around the exterior of the vehicles and equipment
- Attend to special requests
- Record daily trips, fluids and fuel levels
- Check on vehicle maintenance standards periodically
- Make sure that the place is clean to avoid fire hazards
- Safekeeping of equipment and vehicles
How to Apply
To apply for the Driver/Operator Vacancy at Department of Water and Sanitation, please forward the following documents:
- z83 application form
- certified copy of ID, qualifications, driver’s license and PDP/Operator license
- a SAQA evaluation report of foreign qualifications if any
To: the Provincial Head: Western Cape, Department of Water And Sanitation, Private Bag X16, Sanlamhof, 7532.
Or, via hand delivery: Sigma Building, 3 Blanckenberg Road, And Bellville.
For enquiries: Mr J Kriel, Tel No: 044 802 – 2733
For attention: Ms K Melelo
Note that African females, persons with disabilities, white females, white males and Indian males as well as Indian females are encouraged to apply.
Please apply no later than February 8, 2019. No late or incomplete submission will be regarded. If you haven’t yet heard from the employing department in two months after the closing date that means your application was unsuccessful. Individuals who are not employed by the Public Service Departments are all welcome to apply. The Department of Water and Sanitation holds the right not to make an appointment if deemed necessary.