Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
The Western Cape Government is now hiring for an Administrative Officer position. The successful incumbent will be placed at Department of Transport and Public Works. This opportunity could be the stepping stone to bigger things in your career. Therefore, if you think you have the right qualification for the Administrative Officer vacancy at Department of Transport and Public Works, your application is very much anticipated.
Please quote the reference number of this post within your application, TPW 2018-311. This position offers an attractive level 7 salary which is worth R 242 475 per annum. The minimum educational qualification required for the job is a Grade 12 certificate or its equivalent qualification. This requirement must be accompanied by a six years of appropriate administrative experience.
- Processing and analysis of financial information
- Relevant NaTIS experience
- A valid code B driving license
- Citizen service orientation
Inherent competencies and skills:
- Knowledge of the National Road Traffic Act, 1996
- Knowledge of the National Road Traffic Regulations, 2000
- Knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act
- Proven computer literacy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in two or three official languages in the Western Cape
- Decision making and problem solving skills
Key Performance Areas:
Once you are qualified for the Administrative Officer vacancy at Department of Transport and Public Works, you will be involved in but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the verification and capturing of centralised NaTIS motor vehicle registration as well as licensing transactions
- Be responsible for handling motor vehicle enquiries and applications at the provincial call centre as well as the provincial walk-in centre
- Be responsible for processing applications for write-off of outstanding motor vehicle license fees, refund of motor vehicle licence fees, motor trade numbers, registration of motor dealers, duplicate registration and de-registration certificate authorisations in respect of motor vehicles and the issuing of information to other government departments
- Be responsible for processing applications for special license numbers
How to apply
The mode of application for this vacancy is online. Please head over to this page to commence your application should you be interested in this opportunity.
The Department of Transport and Public Works will be accepting applications until January 28, 2019. No late applications will be regarded and no application submitted any other way will be taken into consideration either.
All shortlisted applicants will further be required to provide their copies of documentations for verification purposes. These shortlisted applicants will also be required to be available for a selection interview that will take place on a time and date as determined by the Department of Transport and Public Work.
In case you need further information regarding the Administrative Officer vacancy at Department of Transport and Public Works, please forward your questions to: Mr B Ellie at (021) 483 2828
Technical support is always available from Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 16.00 should you encounter any difficulties with your online application, contact the Helpline: 0861 370 202.