Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
If you have experience or even a passion to work in an administrative environment then the Administrative Officer vacancy at Department of Community Safety may be just for you. Anyone with a Senior Certificate is eligible to apply. Submit your application today if you think you’re the right person for the job!
The open Administrative Officer position is available within the Western Cape Police Ombudsman. The employing department also requires all candidates to quote the reference number of this advert within their application form, CS 2018-34. This job offers an attractive level 7 salary which amounts to R 242 475 per annum.
The minimum educational requirement for this position is a Senior Certificate or equivalent. Candidates are also required to have at least six years of working experience in administrative environment. It would serve as recommendations should you be in possession of an appropriate administration or Secretarial National Diploma. Candidates who are willing to travel when required and can render complex minute-taking will also be given preference.
Required competencies and skills:
- Working understanding and knowledge of Public Service Legislation and procedures
- Knowledge of government protocol
- Knowledge of meeting protocol
- Proven computer literacy
- Written and verbal communication skills in at least two or three official languages governing the Western Cape
- Ability to function under pressurized and rapidly changing circumstances
- Time management skills
- Administration skills
Key performance areas
Below are some of the general duties you will be entitled to once you are qualified for the Administrative Officer vacancy at Department of Community Safety:
- Be responsible for providing support to the manager with administration of the budget
- Be responsible for providing general office support
- Be responsible for performing secretariat services
- Be responsible for performing logistical arrangements which include but not limited to venue, date, summonses, copies of documents as well as meeting arrangements
- Be responsible for compiling documentation
- Be responsible for ensuring filing of documentation, including electronic document tracking
- Be responsible for managing the diary of the Ombudsman
- Be responsible for providing receptionist or secretariat service to the Ombudsman
- Be responsible for participating in outreach programs
Only applications submitted online will be taken into consideration by the Department of Community Safety.
To commence your application, please head over to this page.
Your application must be completed and submitted no later than January 28, 2019 in order to be considered. No late applications will be taken into account, and thus you must ensure a timely submission.All shortlisted applicants will be required to provide copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These applicants will also be required to attend a selection interview on a time and date as determined by the employing department.
Kindly note that, should you experience any difficulties with your online application for the Administrative Officer vacancy at Department of Community Safety, technical support is always available from 8:00 until 16:00 from Monday to Friday. Please, contact the Helpline at 0861 370 202.
In case you have any queries, please forward your questions to: Mrs G Isaacs at (021) 483 0669